- Ambrogio Men's Shoes Brown Ancient Egyptian Print / Patina Leather Whole-Cut Oxfords (AMB1479)
- Material: Ancient Egyptian Print / Patina Leather
- Hardware: None
- Color: Brown
- Outer Sole: Leather Sole
- Hand-Painted Patina Leather Upper
- Goodyear Construction
- Create using Anticatura Method
- Ancient Egyptian Texture Print Upper
- "Museum" Patina effect
- Calf-Skin Lining Insole
- Comes with original box and dust bag
- 100% Handmade in Spain, using only the highest qualities of leathers and other materials
- Hand cut from raw high-grade Italian crust leather, shoe patterns are engraved with beautiful Egyptian hieroglyphic motifs.
Walk like an Egyptian -like a first-class Egyptian pharaoh I'd say- with these astonishing custom-engraved whole cuts.Hand cut from raw high-grade Italian crust leather, shoe patterns are engraved with beautiful Egyptian hieroglyphic motifs. Applying natural dyes and oils -and lots of savoir-faire- our Maestro colorist achieves this unique and staggering look that we call "Museum" Patina. After much hand brushing and polishing, the glacé effect is jaw-dropping, as you can see in the pictures.Original Goodyear welted using traditional techniques, they feature our classic leather sole. And it's no coincidence that we chose the leather sole for this particular shoe: having the slimmest profile it’s often considered the dressiest of all them. Besides that, it's hardwearing, flexible, practical, long-lasting and beautiful.What to say about the last? Used on some of our most refined hand-finished shoes, the "Savile" shoe-last is the result of many rounds of refinement to create the perfect men's formal last. Featuring a soft chisel toe and a long elegant vamp, this is a great go-to last for any classic suit shoe.Original 360 Goodyear welted, full calf interior, and A-grade Italian crust leather. Gentlemen, it doesn't get any better than this.
Learn more about Artisan-Hand Made Patina:
The technique used to achieve this artwork is known as ‘Anticatura’, which is the Italian word for antique finishing. It is a specialty of Italian and French maestro shoemakers. Entrusted to the hands of the antique finisher, the upper part of the shoe becomes a work of art. The Anticatura method is a hand dyeing procedure of leather. It takes about 8-10 hours of work per pair to create a completely unique patina with an aged effect.